by Jyl Steinback
Easy | Gluten Free | 4 Servings
Slow cookers are one of my favorite way to prepare family meals – quick, easy and plant nutritious.
- 1 butternut squash, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 lb. eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 10 oz. frozen okra, thawed and drained
- 8 oz. can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 c frozen chopped onions, thawed and drained
- 14.5 oz. can no salt added petite-cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp paprika
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well.
3. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
Seasonings and Spices
- Italian seasoning
- bay leaf
- 2 14 oz. cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 14.5 oz. can Italian recipe stewed tomatoes with oregano and basil
- dry lentils
Nutrition Per Serving 160 calories, 0.5g total fat, 0g sat fat, 110mg sodium, 39g carbohydrates, 8g fiber, 21g sugar, 5g protein
Tip or fact: Turmeric is a spice used extensively in Indian and Southeast Asian cooking. It is known for its brilliant yellow color, mildly aromatic scent, and pungent, bitter flavor.